By becoming a Young Advocate, you will meet other passionate young people, get involved in an amazing nonprofit, and give back to the St. Louis Community. By actively engaging in these roles, members of the Young Advocates Group can contribute to meaningful change and help ensure that every individual has access to essential hygiene products and support. Participation can include:
- helping St. Louis Area Diaper Bank achieve fundraising goals by participating in annual social campaigns, such as Period Poverty Awareness Week & Diaper Need Awareness Week by organizing educational events, workshops for the community;
- advocating for policy changes at local, state, and national levels to ensure access to affordable diapers and menstrual products for all;
- various leadership and sub-committee opportunities;
- planning and attending social events or community wide supply drives;
- volunteer opportunities both in the warehouse and in our community;
- collaborate with other advocacy groups, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government agencies to leverage resources and expertise in addressing diaper need and period poverty comprehensively;
- and MORE!
There are opportunities for everyone in some capacity! Y.A.G. ask that interested members complete an annual commitment form which provides the opportunity to commit to a number of events (3-4 per year), and host at least one in-kind supply drive or fundraiser.
We also invite members to join one of our four committees (advocacy, communication, education & fundraising). Send an email of interest to email@example.com.
If you’re interested in behind the scene work, sign-up for our mailing list. Our quarterly newsletter will house all you need to know concerning policy news and updates, upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.